Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Nose to the grindstone 2.

So far, I have not received any word back from the people I sent off my query letters to last week. It would be entirely surprising if I did. I did, however, get back a nicely worded e-mail from ENC publishing, which didn't have the metallic flavor of an internet form letter. The publisher declined, but was sweet about it. She tried to be supportive, without actually giving me what I wanted. I felt just like an awkward, crippled kid getting gently turned down by the prom queen.

"You can do great things with those hooks you have for hands. I just don't think you should touch my boobies."

So, I'm handling rejection much better.

Here is my list of new potential best friends for life...

Agnes Birnbaum
Steve Schwartz
Amy Tipton
Ellen Geiger
Matt Bailer
Paul Levine

Another list next week. I'll keep doing this until I've asked everyone at least twice.

No comments: