Monday, October 27, 2008

Bleak November

Okay, I did this last year. I'm going to do it again this year. November 1 through the end of the month, I'm going to cut blogging to work on another novel. This year, I'll stop in on Wednesdays, give word counts and a quick bullet points of whatever it is I want to unload.

November is National Novel Writing Month. The basic idea is to hit 50,000 words in roughly 30 days. It sounds both easier and harder than it actually is.

Thanks to the Halloween project I now have an idea that interests me enough to hold my attention and I have a plan, which is even better.

For some, me taking a break is overdue. People who read this thing tend to fall into different camps. A few like almost everything. Others like the fiction or the occasional references to what I do with the paper. Most people, however, come for the train wreck. They like to hear about me running out of groceries, falling asleep next to a drug addict on the bus or otherwise feeling like a kicked dog because of my family, financial status or whatever. As one guy put it, "I like checking in to make sure you haven't offed yourself. It's kind of a surprise that you haven't."

I have the bestest fans.

But a break is good every now and again. Hell, and I might even finally switch over to wordpress by December 1.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm participating in NanoWriMo for the first time this year- and I'd also like to mention I live in Charleston. It's nice to see that someone, aside from myself, in West Virginia, blogs. I've had people ask me what a blog is-which, quite frankly, in this day and age is quite scary. Good luck on hitting 50,000 words!