Friday, June 4, 2010

Pin the tail on the donkey -part 1

40 only happens once. I could hope for the best and maybe the day would work itself out, but I'm not counting on it. This is fine. I have a plan or at least the start of one.

First off, I'm not going to work.

I need money. So... on my birthday, I will go sell plasma. That should net me about 30 bucks. 30 bucks isn't a lot, but it's enough to get started. I can do this early in the morning. Maybe the people drawing blood can be coaxed into singing to me. That would be awesome.

For five bucks, I can get my palm read at this little new age store. They open mid-morning.

With the remaining funds, I will go play slot machines. I have actually never been out to the Tri-State Gambling Den. With a little bit of luck --and baby, I have it coming --maybe I'll have enough to purchase a present for myself, something classy from a thrift store. If not, I stay just long enough to lose fifteen bucks.

I considered adding having lunch at one of the topless places, but (sigh) I'm just not feeling it. Old age, I guess. Besides, I only have ten bucks, unless I do particularly well with the slots, then I am having a thick steak, cooked medium rare, maybe some sweet potato fries and a double margarita (menu subject to change, but you get the point).

However, in the off chance I only have ten bucks, I need to work out where to get a decent bite to eat for only a ten. Again, I could have a slightly larger budget. I might find enough change in the parking lot, for instance, but I'm not counting on it.

Either way. No fucking beans. No fucking rice.

And that's about as far as I've gotten. I need to work out an afternoon day trip, but can't go too far. I've got a 6 p.m. appointment and will need to stay sober, too.

No comments: