Thursday, September 24, 2009

Lend a hand

Officially, I've started my first short story for October. It should be out next Friday.

In the meantime, because the stories are linked together by some common elements( they all take place in mythical Lee County, WV. They all sort of build and support a unified theme), next week I'm going to repost or actually post three of the stories from last year. These will be slightly cleaned up or edited for one reason or another and should help to set the stage.

And... you can get involved, too. Writing fiction involves crawling into a certain kind of mindset. Mood is important and really, writing horror/gothic stuff in the middle of the night, it's not difficult to get there. However, I could use a little bit of help maintaining the mood since I'm running on a deadline.

I need music. I've found some good, dark stuff --like The Hold Steady's "Two Crosses," for instance. I need more --we're talking certified downer music, creepy stuff that isn't comic book (Thus ruling out most of The Misfits, but maybe not Danzig), but is a little feverish.

So, if you feel so inclined, dig through your CD collection and make me a mix. I need stuff big on atmosphere, that's maybe a little redneck. Sadly, this excludes a few things as well: speed metal and cool jazz are the least likely to be useful.

If you can lend a hand -fire off an e-mail and I'll send you the address.

1 comment:

Corey Lake said...

I got what you need.