Monday, March 24, 2008

Round two completed

The second draft of my book has been completed. Over the next day or so, I'm sending out a few copies to friends, associates and assorted good luck charms to have them take a look at it. Just some fresh eyes to see where I am -besides needing to clean it up.

I still haven't decided between "Click" and "Revolver" as a title.

The hope is I'll send this to them and in 21 days, I'll get notes back about what they liked, didn't like and what didn't make any damned sense. The book involves a lot of wackiness, but has a mean streak.

After I get my comments and stuff back from my posse... another month or so to make repairs (if I agree) and polish it up the best that I can for consideration by a publisher or agent. This is how I'm going to spend my summer vacation, trying to get someone to bite.

Meanwhile, like I said, I'm going to start on that other writing project. I'm going to take just a couple of days off then dig in to one of the other books.

I've actually written 3 novels so far. The one before this one, I did finish, but hated it afterwards. It wasn't so much the book, just why I wrote it, but it has merit I think. There aren't that many good existential books about "zombie undertakers come to exact revenge on the town that done them wrong." There also aren't very many bad ones. So, either way, I've got a niche.

Because it's West Virginia-based, I figured it would have the best shot of finding some publisher. It's going to be a total re-write. Hopefully, I've learned something in the last 8 years and can salvage the basic idea. Whatever, but it will be a break from living inside the head of my most recent main character. I love the guy, but we need some time apart.

1 comment:

larryosaurus said...

You should hook a brotha up with this one. Here's why:

1. It sounds like the kind of stuff I like to read.

2. I haven't read a "new" book in years. Really.

3. I'm honest, so I won't pull any punches.

Thanks in advance! ;)