Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Extras

We go public on Thursday on the new Gazz blog. Shhh... Don't tell anybody.

Okay, seriously... a couple of weeks ago I sort of bull-in-the-China-shop told some people (and eventually the managing editor) that I had an idea on how to run an entertainment blog for the paper. This was right after I heard Hippie Killer was hanging up his wings and magic wand over at 5th column to do... something... my guess at the time was that he'd go work on his novel (which he might have) and maybe start another blog dedicated to cooking or music or knitting.

Anyway, I had this idea and God knows I couldn't make an entertainment blog work four years ago, but... I think I approached it completely wrong last time. Last time, it was sort of mandated and I listened waaay too much to people who have serious issues with Attention Deficit Disorder and a dislike for actual work. The blog tanked because I quit. I got tired of hearing about what I should do and what I should do and what I should do when really I just needed to do what needed to be done.

So, I'm going to do this little blog over at the Gazz. We launch officially on Thursday --probably.

I am not giving up my blog here. I like using profanity and subjecting myself to injury and psychological trauma. I like opening up my own bleeding heart and offering it up on a dirty dish. I like calling my shots and wandering off down whatever alley appeals to me (cliche, cliche, cliche).

Over there, I'll have to behave myself --well, mostly, but less than I did last time.

We'll see how that goes.

Anyway, you know first.

No comments: