Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Behind the door

I am the sort to believe in signs and symbols. It's not a rational belief. It's not scientific. It is, in fact, a bit loopy to think randomly placed objects might somehow be messages from some power about what I should do.

Yet, I believe in them. I think it's weird that I keep finding coins on the ground where I happen to walk. Certain words and certain topics keep showing up in places I don't expect them. It's weird and makes me feel crazier than I probably am.

Of course, I realize we often see what we want in given circumstances. Maybe I see coins as meaning change because I'm bored or unhappy or because I don't happen to need a candy bar when I find the errant quarter.

Anyway, somebody else wants to offer me a job. They called. They want to buy me breakfast and talk.

So, there it is over and over... an opportunity for a change.

The thing is, it's not a change I particularly want.

2 comments:

@stevenadamswv said...

Yeah, but who really digs change...well, except for the Salvation Army?

primalscreamx said...

Maybe I'm supposed to vote for Barack Obama for president. If so, the message is a little late.