Thursday, April 15, 2010

All My Psychic Friends Have Settled Down

Just sort of thought I'd mention it, but Dionne Warwick is booked to play the Clay Center December 3 (I can't promise the link to Warwick's tour schedule will be there forever). The 69 year-old singer, best known for songs like "Walk On By" and "I Say A Little Prayer," was also deeply involved in the whole telephone psychic shtick.

I kinda miss the infomercials. It was something fun to watch back when I was 21 and was doing my best to drink a fifth of rum every single night.

Not everybody will be excited about the show. The mayor of Charleston, who has big love for 60s and 70s R&B, will probably be ready to have kittens, however. This is definitely his kind of thing. For me, my best memory of Dionne is from "My Best Friend's Wedding," which has very, very little to do with her, but I get that she's got some serious pipes (per various reviews over the last year or so, she can still sing).

Anyway, I'm kind of looking forward to asking her thoughts about astrology. I'm a Gemini and kind of hoping there might be something cool for me coming up in 2011.

We might have to do the interview by e-mail. $3.99 per minute is a bit pricey on my budget.

No comments: