Thursday, June 12, 2008

Heroes

The deadline to rsvp for my class reunion is in the next day or so. Probably because it is so close, everyone on the old high school e-mail list was running down memory lane today.

It wasn't entirely unpleasant but parts of it reminded me of why I'm probably not going. For the most part, these people didn't care about me twenty years ago. I was part of the scenery, maybe less than that. I was a walk-on character in their very important dramas. I think if I went this time, it would be the same. I'd be part of the fodder, part of the crowd, just a member of the audience for heroic tales having nothing to do with me.

I'm still conflicted. I think I want to go, but I can't find a single good reason.

2 comments:

Evil Twin's Wife said...

Curiosity. That's a good reason.

Anonymous said...

Go you freak. If for no other reason than I want to see you.