Monday, November 16, 2009

Holding steady

No book reviews this week. Because I'm a fucking smarty pants, I decided the best way to ride out my final five in the hundred books in a year thing was to read a couple of giant bricks. I am already rethinking this, but have committed to the first one: Ayn Rand's "The Fountainhead." Yes, I supposedly swore off Rand after I slogged through "Atlas Shrugged," but Rand is all the rage again. So, I figured... eh, whatever.

This book is a better. However, if you consider the characters as philosophical positions, you realize they're all partially full of shit, including the hero: Howard Rourke. Still, an engaging read. It's surprisingly addictive.

Anyway, I'm halfway through with that and another book. I'll have the official overview/review next week --unless I'm crippled suddenly and having nothing else to do.

No comments: